19 Genius Life Hacks For Awesome Organization
Co-written by Rozin Abbas
I’m always on the lookout for clever ways to organize my space. It’s just so unsettling to look around and see items strewn about the house in no particular order. Being organized just makes life so much simpler and it gives you great peace of mind, too. Oh, and did I mention it makes your space look amazing? That’s true too.
Here are 19 incredibly smart ways to organize your home:
1. Use Command Hooks for your cables
Do you want your cables to get tangled? No? Try using Command Hooks instead. It’s so much better than throwing them in a ball in your drawer.
2. Use an old wine box for shoe storage
Can there ever be enough shoe storage?
3. Use tackle boxes for small objects
Little things tend to make your home the most cluttered, so grab a tackle box and get organizing!
4. Make a bungee cord zoo
Wrangle those stuffed animals and other toys in this adorable zoo. It’s a cheap alternative to toy chests and it’s easy to use.
5. Velcro your remotes
Put an end to all the “WHERE’S THE REMOTE?!?!” talk and just use Velcro instead.
6. Keep your card games organized in uniform boxes
This way, they’re stackable and easy to find.
7. Use hooks, not bars
Hooks make everything look more tidy. As a plus, you won’t have to waste time straightening out the towels every time you walk by!
8. Organize your gift and rewards cards with a key ring
Stop missing out on all your rewards, and instead, group all your cards together in a convenient key ring.
9. Use shelf risers to organize your DVD collection
via IKEA Hackers
More tiers = more storage.
10. Make a magnetic bathroom rack
Free up some space in your medicine cabinet and stop wasting time digging for your tweezers at the same time.
11. Put your power bar in your nightstand
Power bars and cords are an eyesore, so opt for this instead.
12. Store your Keurig cups in egg cartons
Keurig cups have a way of popping up everywhere, so wrangle them in with egg cartons.
13. Use an out-of-sight mailbox
via tumblr / thetidycorner
The ultimate solution to your mail problem. Plus, no more mail piled up all around the house. Instead, it’s all neatly tucked away at the side of a counter.
14. Repurpose a silverware organizer as a family toothbrush holder
Way better than keeping them loose on the counter.
15. Make use of a peg board and zip ties
via imgur | reddit/u/ceramic_cup
G-E-N-I-U-S. No more unsightly wires!
16. Use shower curtain hooks in your closet
They act just like hangers but without the bulk. This is perfect for storing bags, belts, and even ties.
17. Fold bed sheets inside of the matching pillow case
via Martha Stewart
It just looks so much neater and cleaner sitting in your linen closet.
18. Use an ice cube tray to organize your earrings
Have a problem finding the match to your earring? Store them in an ice cube tray!
19. Fold your plastic bags into triangles instead of tossing them in another bag
via instructables / allekob
Think of all the space you’ll save! Directions here.